Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

the end of the world as we know it, my plans to take over Australia (one genre at a time) and the scent of love

I just received a contract for a short story entitled "The Light at the End", which will appear at some point in the next year plus one week in the anthology Doomology: The Dawning of Disasters. Yes, that does sound light-hearted.

My short story "Where Do We Keep the Monsters" continues to reside on Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine's (yes, I know, doesn't the name just freaking rock?!?) short list. ASIM is Australian, and therefore an integral piece in my plan to infiltrate Australia's awesome spec fiction landscape before 2015. Watch out, Twelfth Planet Press, you're next.

And, I'm finishing up my out-of-nowhere romantic novella (that's two things I don't write, romance and novellas), and will send that out somewhere in the next few weeks. I'm tentatively considering naming it "Boom Goes the Dynamite" (@ 2:30) because there are not one, but two explosions in it. That's right. I do like my romance to smell like burning cars.

2 comments:

  1. Man, woman, (okay that's a ridiculous sentence but it's been a long day) whatever you've got I wish I had some! You're getting your stuff out there right and left- so awesome. I guess it's just called, yeah, what's that word? TALENT!!!

    :D Someday I will so get to say "Oh yes, I got to interview that mega-famous super-author. We talked about Moose, Bocelli and Michael Buble..."

    You totally rock.

    All I can add to that is, "Ozzy Ozzy Ozzy, Oy Oy Oy!" (and if you haven't heard that I recommend that you get used to chanting it if you plan to take over 'Straylia)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bru,

    Persistence, timing, a skin grown thick as bark and, yes, a dash of talent.

    I'm not sure about the chanting. I guess it depends on whether they approve of my invasion. *crosses fingers*

    ReplyDelete