Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Permission to Pass

It's been a week since I updated the blog, so it's past time to update the blog. I even have some ideas for posts. What I don't have is time. So, for today, I give myself permission not to post. I pass this permission on to you as well, should you need it. Keep it in you back pocket if you want to save it for another day.

But, because I don't totally want to cheat you, I offer a link. The delightful and impossibly busy Jackie Kessler has posted about maintaining balance while fitting writing in around life. This post is important. If you've already got the family and/or the full-time job, you know. If you don't yet, read this and file it away somewhere in your brain for later. It's important.

Jackie mentions her health, and I have seen a lot of writers have trouble with their health lately, whether it's eye strain or high blood pressure while trying to meet life's obligations plus a deadline, or chronic back pain from sitting at a chair for forty hours a week and then for four hours more each night. Your body is important. It's the only one you get, and if you want a long career as a writer, you need to keep it in shape.

So, I said I was skipping the post tonight, and look where I'm at. The fourth paragraph. I'll stick that permission slip back into my own pocket for later use.

Take care, gentle peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment