Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART

On the drive home from preschool tonight...

Child: Do you want something that I made extra special just for you?

Me: Sure.

Child: Here. *pretends to hand me something* It's a waffle.

Me: *pretends it's the most delicious waffle ever* Thank you! How did you cook this?

Child: I made it in my body.

Me: O.O ... You cooked it over your warm heart?

Child: Yes. That's how I cook food. Mostly soup, sometimes waffles. *pause* But it doesn't taste like blood.

Me: Good to know

4 comments:

  1. That could have gone in a much worse direction :) (I love preschoolers.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was unexpected, but yes, there are definitely worse endings out there.

      Delete
  2. Kids rock. Every mom should love non-bloody tasting imaginary waffles as much as you did. :D

    ReplyDelete