I'm a big fan of the wish list. Mostly I park unachievable (the $75,000 a month rental house in Napa) or ridiculous (uranium) items on them and occasionally review them to make myself laugh. But, in addition, I also use them for their intended purpose: to declare my wantiest wants for all the world to see.
I give you:
My Urban Fantasy Wish List
(Effective March 2011, subject to change at will or whim. Wish List not valid outside of United States, its territories or possessions. Void where prohibited.)
- Male Leads
- Main Characters whose days jobs are not investigative in nature
- Animals that neither talk nor transform into 1) people 2) demons or 3) whatever the MC needs at that very moment to escape that very peril
- Less Sex Addiction - Seriously, this is the only plausible explanation for characters to throw down and make the beast with two backs while beaten up and in an urgently dangerous situation
- Pirates (The High Seas kind, not the Somali kind. Okay, maybe the Somali kind)
- People falling through false doors into elaborate cave systems and having to find their ways out, possibly encountering Chester Copperpot as they do so (No, I have not watched The Goonies recently, why do you ask?)
- EDIT: Adding automats, because they are teh awesome!
- Nature vs. Man - Specifically the natural world revolting against human-cultivated magic or technology
- Main Characters who do not compulsively bully their friends or treat their significant others with disdain
- Ancient scourges so scourgerific that I'm compelled to keep all the lights on at night
- Fallen Angels/Mythic Creatures whose primary purpose is not to get in the MC's leather pants
I think that's it for now. What's on your wish list?