Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Funny Thing Happened...

I opted out of my countdown yesterday, which I suppose it's my prerogative to do. It actually wasn't intentional, despite the premature launch that removed the need for a countdown. What actually happened was this:

1. The neighbors sold their house. Their house was (is still, but they no longer own it) very near to ours. They have apparently invited every contractor in the United States, Canada and Russia (I can't see it from here, but that's because the trees are too tall) to work on it, round the clock. Thus, with all the hammering and power tool whining and the one very ominous destructive crashing sound, I have had some trouble focusing.
2. My better half has been out of town for a few days, leaving me to the monumental task of single parenting the spastic monkey who pretends to be our offspring. Just this morning he tackled me (he's two, but almost as big as me) and declared himself a "monkey, monkey, monkey" while bashing his head against my sternum and calling it a hug.
3. I've been trying to figure out self-employment tax law while:
3a. Obsessively minding my batch of queries
3b. Performing CPR on an old short story - I finally had to hand the corpse off to the experts
3c. Researching Japanese myths and the Ainu people

But, since I'm not the sentimental type, I'm not going to continue counting down toward something that has already occurred. Onward and upward! Or, at the very least, away.

I will update the query stats tomorrow.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment