Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE

Vas ist das? Ah, it appears that I have been given a blog award. In fact, it is the sweetest blog award ever. Want proof? Nomnoms below:



Here's how the award works:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award. (Thanks, Samantha!)
2. Share four guilty pleasures that you have.
3. Pass the award on to six other blogs.

Guilty Pleasures
Heh. I actually had to look this up to figure out what to share. Composite definition: A guilty pleasure is something one enjoys despite feeling guilt or shame for enjoying it (or despite the fact that the thing being enjoyed has no redeeming values). Alrighty then. Here goes:

1. Eighties pop bands...even after they roll into the nineties and beyond. In particular, Depeche Mode.
2. Bad fantasy or sci fi movies featuring kick-ass ladies. Think everything Milla Jovovich has made (except Kuffs)
3. Trashy periodicals. I blame the lack of t.v. and weekly People magazine deliveries when I was growing up. Please note that I do not subscribe, and rarely buy. But if there is one in the room, I pounce, devour and move on to the next.
4. Swedish Fish. FTW. I don't feel guilty for eating Swedish Fish. I feel guilty for practically putting them on the endangered (candy) species list.

Sweet Morsels
Please check out these lovely, amusing and - yes - sometimes sweet blogs:

You're Write, Except When You're Rong - Elena Solodow
Tell Great Stories - Sommer Leigh
Urban Psychopomp - Margo Lerwill
Forever Endeavor - Tracy
Far Seeing Fairy Tales - the incomparable Bettielee
Reading, Writing and Ribaldry - Girl Friday





3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the nod, Hillary. I had great fun picking out my guilty pleasures, though my first list looked too much like yours (the bad sci-fi/fantasy movies and trashy periodicals)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so welcome! Love the discussions you start over there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Milla Jovovich. You probably also want to forget Return to the Blue Lagoon.

    ReplyDelete